Pages

Saturday 20 July 2013

Luscious High Definition Mineral Liquid Foundation

Hey
      Diving deep into the makeup world one realizes how important a good foundation is. A foundation does not need to be high end or super expensive to be good. I found an amazing product that worked for me for an unbelievably low price. Its the luscious HD Mineral Foundation. How I found it is a little story. I was using Kryolan tv paint stick for events like weddings n stuff and using a Prescriptives one for parties (Check it out here ) Well Kryolan isn't suited for everyday use and Prescriptives I was reluctant to use daily because its not available here and even in the US its hard to come by. Plus it costs $37 over there as well so its a bit pricey. So I was looking for a foundation that was inexpensive and available easily in Pakistan, something I can use freely and frequently without worrying about it running out. So when I came across this  Luscious product a funny thing happened. I started reaching for it even for wedding and parties. It has become my absolute favorite now!!



Why I love this? Well first I managed  to find my shade. Since Luscious is a Pakistani brand it does cater to the need of our skin tones. The foundation is yellow based so suits me perfectly. 
My shade is 2 Medium Beige. I am somewhat NC 35 in Mac. 

Secondly it's very easy to blend specially if one uses a sponge. Traditional I know. I have tried a foundation brush and also used my fingers but I have found the sponge to be the best. It gives a flawless finish. 
Packaging: Nothing too attractive but it is practical, the pump is easy to use and dispenses the right amount of product. You don't have to worry about squirting too much product.
The consistency isn't runny or watery so another plus. Some people may think its a little bit thick but honestly that's how I like it. 
The coverage it provides is medium which is good for me and most girls like to go for medium coverage instead of too sheer or full coverage do it caters to a wider market.
I have used it without a primer and also with a primer. Recently I have started to pair it with Luscious pro whitening base and it works well with it. The staying power over a primer is 5 hours approx. not bad right? But I must tell you I have a dry skin and on oily skin it may start to slide so I won't comment on that since I have never faced this problem. Luscious claims it is suitable for all skin types and it says 'Oil Free' 
I set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder in the summers. 
I use two squirts to cover my full face and neck. This foundation is fairly easy to work with. 

There are seven shades available so I am hopeful you will be able to get your match. 


Swatch- Medium Beige

               

Blended 

Blended in yellow light.
Blended in normal light.
Foundation after 5 hours
PS I changed my hair colour the very next day of this picture :)
Availability & Price: It's available on all leading cosmetic stores as well as online on Luscious's WebsiteJust4girls and Beauty Arena(soon to be launched).It costs Rs 1175 which I think is fairly reasonable. I got it from Al-Fatah Lahore. 

Final Verdict: This little thing might surprise you. It did just that for me! I will definitely repurchase.

                                                                                                                                          



24 comments:

  1. Thanks, I like this post it is very good and informative. I am sure that this post will be very helpful for every one :) I will buy dis soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this foundation but for summers its a no go since i have oily skin.. Works well in the winters though..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. since I have completely dry skin it works for me !

      Delete
  3. Its a nice foundation for winters! Summers make my skin oily :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oily skin is so tricky to work with I agree

      Delete
  4. i will gonna try it :) n nicely done review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review amna i cant wait to try luscious' products i m hearing a lot of good stuff about them :)

    www.glittergossip.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really does seem to have a nice finishing and smooth effect on your skin, it blends really well. Love that you showed the shade in different light, makes the review very helpful. If it actually works for all skin types, I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for the review xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice review Amna!!! I've been using this foundation for over an year now when I want sheer coverage but I have one complain that it tends to get oxidized on me after couple of hours.... Thanks for sharing a word with us doll xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didnt oxidize on me. I guess I am just lucky with this foundation :)

      Delete
  8. I keep reading about it and always plan to get one but I don't know i might just give it a try maybe next time when I am out shopping x <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah would love to know what your view are about it :)

      Delete
  9. The foundation sounds really good. I like its finish on your face. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my favourite foundation for winters! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its a nice foundation.If only they can do something about the wear time for oilies.Lovely review.It looks good on you.I am glad you found a foundation that works for you.it is a heady feeling :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice review. Which primer would you recommend for daily use?

    http://thegirlinpink21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best ever post for enhancing our beauty and i became regular reader of your blog. Keep useful posting like this. Also try these websites online beauty salon | home beauty service hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greetings! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble finding one? Thanks a lot!
    mask for glowing skin Islamabad
    mask for glowing skin Islamabad

    ReplyDelete